NIRF Ranking 2018: MHRD commences institute registration at NIRF
The registration for NIRF Ranking 2018 has started at the official www.nirfindia.org
The framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a core committee set up by MHRD, to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions.
The institutions are usually ranked on the basis of the following five parameters:
- Teaching, Learning and Resources: Are related to the core activities of any place of learning
- Research and Professional Practices: Excellence in teaching and learning is closely associated with the scholarship
- Graduation Outcomes: Forms the ultimate test of the effectiveness of the core teaching/learning
- Outreach and Inclusivity: The Ranking framework lays special emphasis on representation of women
- Perception: The ranking methodology gives a significant importance to the perception of the institution
Also, this year every large institution will be given a common overall rank as well as a discipline specific rank as applicable.
Steps to register
- Click on ‘India Rankings 2018 : Click here to Register’
- In the provided fields, enter the institute name, address, state, city, year of establishment, about the institute and type of institution
- Click on save and continue
- Log on to the official website www.nirfindia.org
- Complete the registration process
The last date for the registration is October 6. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was approved by the MHRD and launched by Honourable Minister of Human Resource Development on 29th September 2015.