SBI Net Banking: Forgot password? Here’s how to reset it online
State Bank of India’s internet banking portal provides personal banking services online. If you have forgotten your net banking password, here’s how you can reset it online.
New Delhi: State Bank of India’s internet banking portal provides a host of personal banking services. Customers having at least one account can register online for retail internet banking facility. All branches of SBI are internet banking enabled. If you already have an account with the bank, you can ask your branch to give you internet banking. If you don’t have an account, just step into any of SBI branches and open an account with internet banking facility free of cost.
If your branch has provided the Internet Banking Preprinted Kit, you need not register online. However, those who have not received the kit, they can easily register for SBI net banking. On the OnlineSBI home page, Personal banking section, just click the New User Registration link.
A user-driven registration form is displayed. Enter your account number, CIF number, branch code, country, mobile number registered in your branch and select the internet banking facility you require: Full or Limited Transaction Rights / View Rights. Enter the Captcha code and click Submit. Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number and click Confirm
In case you have forgotten your SBI net banking password, here’s how you can reset it
1. Go the official website of State Bank of India and click on ‘Login’ under Personal Banking.
2. A page will be displayed, Click on ‘Continue to Login’ to proceed.
3. Click on “Forget Login Password” on the login screen.
4. On the new page, select ‘Forgot My Login Password’ and click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
5. You will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to provide details like username, account number, country, mobile number, date of birth followed by the captcha. Click on submit.
5. You will receive an OTP (on-time password) on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and submit.
6. A new page will open where you can reset the password.
SBI Customer Care Number: SBI customers can contact 1800 11 2211 & 1800 425 3800 (Toll free and accessible from all landlines and mobile phones) or 080 – 26599990 (Accessible from all landlines and mobile phones) for any query or complaint.
Please ensure the following before logging into Online SBI:
1. The URL in your browser address bar begins with “https”.
2. The address or status bar displays the padlock symbol.
3. Click the padlock to view and verify the security certificate.
4. The address bar turns green indicating that the site is secured with an SSL Certificate that meets the Extended Validation Standard.
Beware of Phishing attacks usually made through email, phone calls, SMS etc seeking your personal and confidential information. State Bank or any of its representative never sends customers email/SMS or calls them over the phone to get personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password.
Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from user’s account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Report immediately on [email protected] if you receive any such email/SMS or phone call. Lock your user access immediately, if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.